This is a throwback recipe to when I had a kitchen and when one of my sisters was doing the Whole30 (which I really want to do again – it’s such a wonderful body reset!). I’m so looking forward to finding a home here in QC and setting it up. I’m imagining that re-finding all my own kitchen supplies will be like Christmas Day! Looking forward to seeing my Creuset, my good kitchen knife, and my VeggiChop (which I promise to feature in a blog post soon because it’s my favourite tools in the kitchen) in particular.
This soup is unique and tasty! Not something I would be drawn to making at first glance, but it was so simple and the heat was perfect for a rainy evening. Give it a try!
coconut shrimp (whole30 approved!)
- 1 1/2 cups raw shrimp
- 2 T coconut oil
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 14 oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 T hot sauce
- 1 medium lime, juiced for topping
- avocado, chopped for topping
- cilantro, chopped for topping
how you do
- Heat coconut oil in your favourite soup-making pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft.
- Add rest of ingredients, except milk, hot sauce, and lime juice and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cover for 20 minutes, or more to increase flavour.
- Stir coconut milk and hot sauce and continue to simmer.
- Finish with lime juice and serve with avocado and cilantro on top!
Recipe adapted from TheMeanestMomma.Com