I love sharing recipes that work and here is one that I have been loving recently!
(Though first – “dump” ranch… yeah, I know… kind of a strange thing to call it and it doesn’t sound very appetizing but trust me it’s tasty!)
If you’re like me, you’ve probably had it with unhealthy choices over Christmas. Here is an easy recipe for Ranch dip that I love to keep in the fridge with a big container of pre-chopped veggies. I couldn’t believe how much it tastes like bottled Ranch dressing and I love knowing that the ingredients are all whole!
The most difficult part is the proper emulsification of the oil and other ingredients but if you have an immersion blender, you’re all set! (I did it once like the recipe from Whole Sisters originally states, but it didn’t work for me to simply put all the ingredients in and blend.)
(Whole30) Dump Ranch Recipe modified from Whole Sisters
- 1 egg (room temperature – *Tip* Put the egg in a bowl of warm water for 5 or so minutes before you begin to bring it to room temperature. This is very important; otherwise your mayo won’t emulsify properly!)
- 1 cup sunflower oil (or some other light oil)
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (I lean towards less in order to keep the consistency I like) *Again make sure that this is at room temperature for proper emulsification.
Place the egg and 1/4 cup of the oil in the bottom of a wide mouth mason jar along with vinegar. Blend using an immersion blender for a minute or so. Add the spices. While blending again, slowly (!) pour in the rest of the oil. Then pour in the coconut milk.
All set! Chop up some broccoli, carrots, cucumbers and peppers, place them in a Ziplock container and you have a healthy snack waiting for you in your fridge all week!